Learning German is no small task! You’re going to mess up and you’re going to need my help. Here, I have posted some questions I will anticipate that you will have. I hope this helps.
1. How long have you been studying German?
Five years or so.
2. How long will it take ME to learn German FLUENTLY?
Depends on how good you are at your native language, how good you are at English, and how good you are at language at a base level. In other words, your capacity for language that you were born with. It took me less than two years, it might take some people even less time than that, and it might take some people five years, and some people may only be able to learn a smattering.
3. Teach me to cuss in German?
4. What is your name and what should I call you?
Rachel is my name, and that will do just fine.
5. Where can I find out more about you?
6. Private lessons?
On Skype, please ask.
7. I don’t understand any of this.
Please ask. I will be happy to help.
8. Do you need help running this blog?
No. Please do not ask.
9. Where did you learn to speak German so well?
10. Is German your first language?
No, English is.
11. Can we be friends?
On my personal blog, not here. This is for learning only.
12. What is the music section for?
One of the best ways to learn a language is to listen to their music. Listen to the music, read the lyrics (google them), and see if you can figure out their meaning.
13. Your lifestyle bothers me and I can no longer be your student.
Bye. I don’t care. This blog is for serious people who want to learn German and that is IT.
14. What materials do I need?
You should probably pick up a German dictionary (physical copy, not digital). Also, I would recommend anything you can use to take notes, your computer will work just fine. I don’t care if you copy/paste so long as you’re learning. Obviously you need a computer.
15. I can just use a translator.
No you can’t. Even the best translators that you have to pay for cannot make the change between English sentence structure and German sentence structure. I will be able to tell if you are using a translator, don’t even try it. The first two times I catch you, I will warn you. The third time, I will no longer help you or teach you. Translators are good for translating SINGLE WORDS. Do not attempt to translate a sentence, it sticks out like a sore thumb.